Monday, June 23, 2008

Goodbye George. We'll miss you!


I'll keep this short but I just wanted to say how deeply saddened I was to hear that George Carlin died yesterday. Yes, I used the word die because if you have seen his routines, you'd know, George would not want you to refer to his death any other way. Always use the word you mean then there is no confusion.

George was a comedian, philosopher and social commentator. If any of you have not really listened to his routines I suggest you take this as a chance to do so. His most recent HBO special was as hilarious as ever. I saw him years back at a show in Tacoma and he had me hysterically laughing the whole way through. I think the thing I learned most from him was not to take my life or my work too seriously. They're just words!!!!! The world was definitely a better place with George around, thankfully he paved the way for countless wonderful comedians that came after him.

No comments: