Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Fizzle Pop Could Have Been...

I know many of you lay awake at night, pondering the future of Fizzle Pop, what your next post will be about and who will comment... but have you ever wondered what Fizzle Pop could have been?


Well wonder no more. I now take you on a magical journey of what Fizzle Pop would have looked like if Syd and Martin weren't around to act as they angels of reason on one shoulder while my nerdy, spectacled inner geek acted as a devil on the other.

Comic Book Treatment


Well, ignoring the fact that this approach makes heavy use of my adoration for nasty brown colors (its true, i really love the color brown) you gotta ask, what was I going for here? Guy in a trenchcoat, ninjas fighting in the moon... what? A blatant example of me wishing I was in a film noir comic book. This might have worked if I timed this to release on the same weekend as Watchmen since the creepy trench coat exhibitionist does resemble Rorschach.

Art Deco Treatment


Alright, so anyone who has played the video game Bioshock can probably guess why, out of the blue, I was suddenly inspired to start treating every graphic project with some Art Deco flair. Not surprising, most powerpoint presos and new biz projects don't have much need for Art Deco treatments, so I found myself clamoring to use the style in the first project I could. Luckily, this one got shot down before I finished it.

Yo! MTV Raps Treatment


The one we settled on was probably my least favorite initially. For one, it reminded me of MTV in the early 90s and Vanilla Ice. Second, I'm usually a fan of muted colors and basic lines. This assaulted my tamer/lamer sensibilities. Luckily, Martin was amped on this one, I'm guessing because it features his favorite color combos (orange + blue for those looking to get on his good side).

2 comments:

Martin Pearce said...

Not to diminish the other examples of treatments (which I'm glad the rest of the world gets a chance to see, btw!), I do think what we ended up going with has reflected our goals/desires well to date...whether or not a refresh might be in Fizzle Pop's future (and therefore many more examples of Emil's love for the color brown, I'm sure!) remains to be seen...:)

Unknown said...

wait, so the final version is the same thing as Yo! MTV Wraps verion? where's the headbanger's ball version?