Thursday, June 19, 2008

I have a Twitter stalker

Ok, maybe this can't really be classified as a genuine stalker case. But, today I received an e-mail informing me I was now being followed via Twitter. Normally this would be a fairly normal circumstance and I would think nothing of it. But my newly found Twitter friend is somebody I've never met with or spoken to before in my life.


Naturally I was intrigued as to who this person was and why they selected me as a friend to follow, so I did some research. In addition to me, this person follows people and organizations such as Barack Obama, CNN, Jet Blue and Sky News. I also discovered the person writes a Travel Blog in New York City and is planning a trip to Seattle this weekend.

Seattle? Is this a coincidence? Maybe they just want my opinion on some cool places to visit while in town. But I still ask, "Why me?" I know the person can't be subscribing to my Tweets because I'm a heavy influencer in the Seattle community. I don't think I can be accused as one who contributes thoughtful and meaningful messages. I mean, let's be realistic I only have six followers and my last Tweet was about bowling.

Of course all of the time and effort I've invested researching the person who is following me on Twitter does bring up the question..."Who's the real stalker here?"

No comments: