Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RedSwan.com responds to Twitter

In trying to decide what to do with a bracelet that an old boyfriend gave me, I researched the company RedSwan.com, which is an online site that allows you to trade in your jewelry for money. I sent in the $250 Tiffany bracelet and waited patiently for my check. When it came 3 weeks later I was floored that it was for only $15!! I immediately tweeted about how that value was not going to fly! But when it came down to it, I was happy to be rid of the stupid nostalgic bracelet and let it go. This was in early November.

Today, I got a call from the PR representative from RedSwan. The rep read my twitter post back to me and let me know that she would like to work with me to make my experience with RedSwan positive. I was so appreciative of her following up and to be rid of that stupid bracelet that I let it go and updated my post. The rep did not ask me to change my posting, but let me know that negative press is never great for a company that exists online.

Although I still don't have great things to say about the value assesment of the company and would never recomend them, I was so impressed by their reaction from monitoring twitter remarks that I had to share.

No comments: