Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Your Secret PR Weapon…

… can be your employees. A company that treats employees well is on the short path to good PR and not to mention karma. For example, I recently splurged at Restaurant Zoe in Belltown. Our waitress eagerly explained she has been with the company eight years—a member of the original staff to be exact. Our other server had been with Zoe for three years. This type of employee retention in the restaurant industry is unreal. Our waitress had nothing but amazing things to say about Zoe’s owners, chef, sous chef and staff. She bragged about the food and helped me decide which foie gras fit my taste. (I chose the seared hudson valley foie gras with roasted organic nectarine, lovage puree and pan vinaigrette).

She not only did her job well, she acted as the best spokesperson a company could ask for in this situation. Just watch, her next table may be the New York Times food critic in town for a Northwest vacation. If so, Zoe need not worry. The employees have your back.

3 comments:

Martin Pearce said...

Totally agree...I at there several months ago for the first time and had the best experience as well...the staff friendly, but not of the top...they know their stuff...and make for a wonderful evening.

Unknown said...

Unfortunate that I can't say the same about service at Quinn's. Our waitress was so uncaring about us having a good meal, I may never return

Tera Randall said...

Seadevi: REALLY? That’s such a bummer because Quinn’s word of mouth reputation is superb. I'm glad to hear another perspective. This also makes me a bit nervous because one of our teams is taking a client to Quinn's next week. Fingers crossed!