Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

I am lover of alcoholic beverages and although beer and wine are both great I am especially fond of cool, creative and yummy cocktails. So for the first installment of hopefully a running series on cocktails I am focusing on tequila in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Because there is no bigger American past time than embracing holidays outside our own country as long as they include plenty of drinking.

So here are two unique cocktails using tequila as the base. I cannot take credit for these recipes. I had them this past weekend at Sambar, my favorite bar in Seattle. So mad respect nods go to the Sambar mixologist.

Not your ordinary coffee cocktail
1 shot of espresso
1 shot of tequila - please use a good tequila
About a 1/2 shot of Tia Maria
A dash of cinnamon
A dash of cayenne
Serve in a champagne glass

Let's name this the Fritz Special - perfect beach cocktail
Tequila - again, only the good stuff
Fresh pineapple juice
Fresh lime juice
Elderflower
Dash of black pepper on top
Yes, I did not give you exact measurements - play with it and have some fun. The key is the fresh pineapple juice.

Enjoy

Libations B

No comments: